The Cookery

"Don't be afraid, your time will come, you are the beginning of everything"
Mela Koteluk (Polish Singer)

This post is dedicated to my Dear Friend- Magda H.


 


Time is so precious. We all need and want to stop, feel inspired, laugh, enjoy the best things that are available to us in this world. We want them now and fast because we are young and time flies. Isn't it funny that when we have the most energy and desire to do, see, feel, love and everything else, we also have the least time on our hands. This is where our lives peak. This is when we put our energy and love into nurturing, creating, running, loving, doing everything except for stopping. Time flies and sometimes I miss the slower moments from my youth when time was abundant and our minds were free to choose instead of being jammed up with all the commercial and material junk these days. It is hard to find time for many things, but once in a while we should stop and make time for friends, food and to reflect on what is really important to us. 






I was able to enjoy time with friends over some delicious food two weeks ago at the wonderful place called The Cookery, where we celebrated my birthday. It was a wonderful idea and gift from my friend Magda- and it was one of the best birthday gifts yet- thank you Magda! Cookery is a brand new store that was created for those who love to cook, eat and enjoy anything food related. The place is very new yet wildly popular. I hope I am going to make it even more popular by telling all my friends about it. It is in my old neighbourhood of Roncesvalles, which I miss dearly. 




The Cookery hosts all kinds of cooking classes that include hands on or demonstration. While learning  you can enjoy the much needed friend time where people can bond and share food related experiences (and not only!). The store carries anything you might desire for your kitchen or as a gift, so make sure to stop by before Christmas! But best of all you can learn how to cook in order to throw fabulous dinner parties and of course to make your family and friends very happy!

The store lures us with an amazing design and warm lighting. At the back of the store a tiny kitchen is visible with a table that sits comfortably 6-7 people and the chef. Quiet music, elegant and tasteful decor, the neighbourhood and people walking by on the street make you feel as if you were in New York. The ambiance and warmth combined with the smell of the food cooking away transport you to a warm, happy and quiet place where you can relax.


Since most of us are busy moms I chose the morning class, which was a demonstration of brunch dishes. The description of the class which mentioned that we will be tasting orange-chocolate muffins while sipping freshly brewed coffee spoke to me, as I hardly ever have time to sit and sip coffee all on my own. Usually I drink it with one hand, the other one feeds the baby and the rest of my attention is given to both my 3 year old and my husband. Having food cooked for me, even though do not get me wrong I love cooking, while having a girl only conversation was a wonderful change from my routine that charged my battery for this busy holiday season.



After these gorgeous muffins the chef prepared pancetta, shallot and potato frittata with a side of arugula salad followed by a fruit salad with fresh ginger. At the end we had more coffee and delicious earl grey shortbread. All we were missing was some champagne.









All in all it was a wonderful experience. We left the place happy and charged. Make sure to stop by at this place as it will inspire you to cook and you will definitely find some treasures for Christmas.







Comments

Popular Posts