If You Love Blue Cheese You Will Be Crazy In Love With This Recipe.......



I mentioned in my previous post that I had hamburgers with balsamic red onions and blue cheese. I had some leftover blue cheese that seemed like a lot to snack on and I thought there must be a way of making a meal out of it. And there was!






Inspired by Laura Calder I prepared blue cheese pasta! My own twist consisted of adding some green peas as well as toasted walnuts. The walnuts proved to be a perfect addition! Not only they added some texture to the meal but elevated it to my levels of deliciousness :)

Also it is a very quick meal to prepare, you will love it on a weeknight but it tastes like a weekend feast!





Blue Cheese Pasta

1 pound fresh noodles 
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup cream (18 percent)
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1 cup green peas
pepper to taste

Boil the noodles according to the instructions. In a separate small pan put the cheese with the cream on medium heat and stir until the cheese melts and creates a sauce. Strain the noodles and place in a bowl. Pour the cheese sauce and mix. Add the walnuts, peas and pepper to taste. Serve right away!


I also love how a piece of bread tastes dipped in the sauce, not a bad idea for a blue cheese fondue!

I love this song!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts